Our pupils safety and staff safety is our priority in these unprecedented times. We are following the Government guidelines so as to ensure that the site is safe and accessible for the children to return. In order to ensure pupil and staff safety, we are putting in place the following strategies to help the children and staff to socially distance:
- Pupil’s drop off and collection times will be staggered to reduce the amount of people entering the site at the same time and additional entrance points will be used.
- Families will be asked to keep 2 metres apart from others when entering the site to drop off or collect children.
- In YN and YR staff will put the children’s bags and lunch boxes on their pegs so that they do not gather in the cloakroom area.
- In Y1 and Y6 Children will be asked to keep their belongings next to their table and their water bottles will be kept on their desks.
- Children will be in groups of no more than 15 and will be with the same adults each day.
- In YN and YR soft toys have been removed and furniture has been reduced.
- In Y1 and Y6 children will be allocated their own desks which have been positioned two metres apart.
- Children will be provided with their own set of equipment to use which they will keep on their table. No equipment will be allowed to be brought into school.
- Each group will have their own allocated toilets and only one child will be allowed in the toilets at any one time.
- Time on the playground and field will be timetabled so that different groups do not mix.
- Children will eat their lunch in their classrooms.
- All groups will have their own access to the outside so as to restrict the movement of children and adults within the building.
For further details about the Government guidelines, please click here.